Date : 8th Oct 2019 – 10th Oct 2019
The Thimphu Tshechu is without doubt the mightiest of all Bhutan festivals. The festival is held in Bhutan’s capital and, as such, draws thousands upon thousands of attendants, creating an atmosphere that is unforgettable. Locals wear traditional attire and enjoy dancing and other cultural activities in Tahichhodzong fortress’ courtyard. The cultural activities include the iconic masked dance. The festival has been in their culture since 19th century. Top dances to enjoy in this festival are 21 black hat dance, dances of wrathful deities, dance of cremation ground and so on. This festival is celebrated on the 10th day of 8th month of lunar calendar, which falls in September or October.
Top festival attractions of Thimphu Tshechu
- Exploring Tahichhodzong fortress of 17th century
- Watching tantric Buddhist rituals
- Masked dance, music performances and others
- Trying out traditional costumes.
- Explore around Thimphu city and visiting some importance places.
Suggested Tour for the celebration of Thimphu festival season: 8 Days Bhutan Tour.
– 8 days highlights of Bhutan -covering Thimphu Festival,Paro,Punakha,Gangtery and Phobjikha valley.
– 12 days Bhutan itinerary- The Journey to the Land of Gross National Happiness – covering Paro, Thimphu,Punakha, Gangtey,Phobjikha valley,Trongsa and Bumthang valley.