Date : 17th Mar 2019 – 21th Mar 2019
The Paro Tshechu is a massive festival and by far the biggest springtime event in Bhutan. Like Thimphu, thousands of people gather in the city to socialize and dance.
This is the spring festival, where you can find monks and laymen celebrating the festival, together. Locals wear very colorful dresses and some wear costumes too. Masks are worn to represent demons and Gods.
At the end of the festival a four storey high thangkha (Buddhist religious scroll) is unrolled in celebration. The scroll is said to be over 350 years old. This festival is usually celebrated in March.
Top festival attractions of Paro Tshechu.
Enjoying traditional dance, music and other cultural celebrations
- Explore the western valleys of Bhutan
- Enjoy farmhouse visits and excursions through the village
- Visit the markets for shopping experiences
- Monks teach meditation and traditional cooking during this festival. Take part in those workshops.
Suggested Tour for the celebration of Paro festival season: 9 Days Bhutan Tour.
1. 9 Days Bhutan Tour – covering Paro festival, Thimphu,Punakha,Gangey and Phobjukha valley.
2.11 days Bhutan itinerary- The Journey to the “Himalayan Kingdom of Happiness Country- covering Paro, Thimphu,Punakha, Gangtey,Phobjikha valley,Trongsa and Bumthang valley.